Impact Report 2016/2017
With a huge thank you to all of our partners and all of the young people who work with us, we’re pleased to share our annual Impact Report for 2016/2017.
This is the first Impact Report under our three year strategy which you can read here.
Covering our last financial year, have a look inside to discover:
- How the Young Scot digital channels were used to engage with young people on important campaigns.
- The progress of our digital academy and our Modern Apprenticeship Programme.
- How young people have been shaping policy and services through co-design.
- Our work to celebrate young people.
- How the Young Scot Rewards and Discount services have been connecting young people to new opportunities
- The growth of the Young Scot National Entitlement Card
- Some examples of how our work is making an impact in communities across Scotland.
We hope you find something to inspire you.
Our door is always open and if you have would like to have a chat please get in touch.
You can download the 2016/2017 Impact Report here.
Impact Report 2015/2016
With the focus on working towards our new Strategic Plan 16-19, it’s been a great year for Young Scot and our engagement with young people and stakeholders. We’ve been travelling the length and breadth of the country to help make Scotland a better place for young people and our latest impact report is bursting with inspiration from what we heard from everyone we met.
Some of the highlight were:
- Designed with young people, 2015/2016 saw the launch of young.scot and our new approach to providing information on social platforms to young people
- We worked with more volunteers than ever before through Co-design to shape services and the policies that directly affect young people.
- Our Rewards and Discounts programmes continued to grow with bespoke programmes developed to incentivise engagement with young people locally and nationally
- We worked with the team at HMI Polmont and Barnardo’s to explore codesign in secure settings for young people.
- It was a phenomenal year for the Young Scot Awards, with a glittering celebration held at EICC in l in April 2016 to celebrate our 11th anniversary!
- We worked with Scottish Government, SYP and Children in Scotland to facilitate the codesign of the 2018 Year of oung People with young people themselves.
This report offers just some of the highlights. If you would like to find out more about any of our work or projects our door is always open. We’re always keen to hear from old and new friends who want to work with us to deliver more for Scotland’s young people.
You can download the 2015/2016 Impact Report from this link. If you would like a copy of the Impact Report in any other format please get in touch.
Impact Report 2014/15
As you know, young people are at the heart of everything we do here at Young Scot. This year we wanted the young people who we have been working with to tell our story.
Filmed at iconic locations throughout Scotland, all of our work under each strategic impact from the last year are described by a young person who has been involved with Young Scot in that time.
The videos can be found on an interactive map at www.ys-impact.co.uk.
We hope you enjoy hearing about all the different ways Young Scot has made an impact across the country.
Don’t forget to share our videos and stories across social media using the #ysimpact!
A downloadable PFD version of the 2014/15 Impact Report is available below.
Impact Report 2014/15