On Wednesday 12th June we launched the new Young Carers Package on young.scot. The package offers all young people aged 11-18, who provide a care giving role, access to a special range of opportunities. It was a special day just for that, but the Young Carers Package launch was also our springboard to debut our fantastic, refreshed young.scot and new Membership Services; encompassing Discounts, Rewards and access to additional entitlement packages for specific groups of young people.
The team at Young Scot have been quietly working away on these for months, codesigning with young people and our partners across Scotland.
We are thrilled to share:
- A refreshed Young.Scot – developed in partnership with Storm ID- the place to access all Young Scot services:
- The one-stop shop for youth information, show and go discounts and opportunities to get involved in local and national activities.
- The option for young people to become a Young Scot Member and access exciting Membership opportunities and benefits
- An enhanced, accessible user experience
- Engaging and relevant content, using the latest in tech developments to ensure it meets the needs of young people across Scotland seeking vital information about growing up.
- A new Young Scot Membership Service – developed in partnership with the Improvement Service – providing young people aged 12+*with access to personalised and bespoke opportunities, through:
- Secure, verified access to benefits, powered by the “myaccount single sign-on”
- Access to online discounts to help young people make the most of their lives
- Greater visibility of local opportunities in local authority areas across Scotland
- Exciting Rewards opportunities and experiences, both national and local
- Access to bespoke entitlement packages such as the Young Carer opportunities package.
But this is just the beginning. With this new platform and Membership Service now in place, over the coming months we will continue to work with our key delivery partners to identify more opportunities to develop digital services and maximize the impact of both the universal and bespoke services we provide to young Scots.
Louise Macdonald OBE, Chief Executive of Young Scot commented: “We are thrilled to have launched the national Young Carers Package, our refreshed young.scot and Young Scot Membership Services.
The Young Carers Package recognises the invaluable contributions of young carers, supporting them to develop as young people and make the most of their free time.
Our inviting new young.scot is the gateway to accessing all of our services, helping young people to find what they need, when they need it and in a way which is appealing and helpful to them.
Our new Membership Service provides Young Scot cardholders across the country with the opportunity to now become a Member to securely access Discounts, Rewards and additional bespoke entitlements
We are so grateful to the young people and partners who have codesigned these new developments with us. Everyone at Young Scot is excited to continue exploring how we can collaborate to continue to enhance the services we offer to young people in ways that are relevant, accessible and meaningful to them.”
Visit young.scot now!