Terms and Conditions
At Young Scot we are partner for the 5Rights campaign in Scotland. 5Rights takes the existing rights of children and young people, and articulates them for the digital world.
We are a signatory to the 5Rights framework believe that young people should be supported to access digital technologies creatively, knowledgeably and fearlessly. In the spirit of 5 Rights here are are some of the key facts from the terms and conditions for the Young Scot Corporate website.
Please make sure you also read it in full. You can also see the full unabridged terms and conditions below as well.
Our Terms and Conditions Simplified
What your rights are
- By using this website, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with them, please stop using this website immediately
- If you believe that any of our online content is owned by your or infringes your copyright, please let us know
- Our terms and conditions are under the Scottish law, so if you have any legal disputes with us about our terms and conditions, they will be brought to the Scottish courts.
What we are responsible for
- While we will try our best to keep the website up to date and accurate, there is no obligation and no guarantee that it is
- We are not responsible to you if our website is unavailable – due to technical issues for example
- The content on our website (including its copyright and other intellectual property rights) belongs to us, or the people who have given us permission to use it
- We are not responsible for the external websites that you can access from our website. If you have any issues with their content, you should get in touch with them instead.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using our website or the information on our website
- If we decide to sell or transfer our website to someone else, we might also transfer the website’s rights and responsibilities to them. We can do this without telling you
- If we make any changes to the terms and conditions, we are responsible for making it available on our website. The updated terms will take effect immediately after it has been uploaded.
How the website can be used by you
- You must only use this website following our Terms and Conditions
- The website is available to you for free
- The online content on our website is for your personal and professional use only. You are welcome to use small segments of this site and multimedia for your work to discuss Young Scot. We ask you to speak to Communications before using pictures as often the copyright belongs to third parties. We appreciate a link or a mention on social media when you use our content. However, you also cannot make money from our content (e.g. by selling or renting it).
- The information on our website is for general information only, please do not take it as advice or rely on it
- You are responsible for making sure your computer system is technically capable of accessing and using our website. You are also responsible for protecting your system from viruses and infection.
- Just because you agree to our terms and conditions, it doesn’t mean we now have a partnership between us
Our Full terms and Conditions
Young Scot Corporate Website
- These terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) provide information in relation to your use of (http://www.youngscot.net/) (the "Website"). They also tell you: - what your rights are; what we are responsible for; and how the website can be used by You. Please read these T&Cs carefully to ensure that you are aware of your obligations. You can print off these T&Cs if is it is easier for You to read them! In addition, if anything in these terms and conditions is unclear, please feel free to e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Website is operated by Young Scot (‘We’ ‘Our’ Us’) which is a Scottish registered charity (SC029757). Young Scot is also a company limited by guarantee (202687) Our register office is at Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ.
- You must only use this Website in accordance with these T&Cs.
- By using this Website You are agreeing to comply with these T&Cs. If You do not agree to these T&Cs, please stop using the Website immediately.
- Changes to the Website
- Sometimes We might make changes to the Website or update. However, the content available on the Website may not always be up to date and whilst we will try to keep it up date, we are under no obligation to do so.
- We will try to make sure everything on the Website is correct. However, you should note that We do not guarantee that everything on the Website is complete, accurate; and free from errors.
- Access to the Website
- We make the Website available to you for free
- We cannot guarantee that the Website will always be available when you try to access it and that you will be able to access it without interruption. For example, technical issues may result in the Website being unavailable from time to time.
- We might suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change the Website or part of it without any notice. If We do this We will not be responsible to You if Our Website is unavailable at any time.
- The Online Content – who owns it and how can You use it?
- The property and any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the content available on the Website (“Online Content”) belongs to Us or to other business or individuals who have given Us permission to use that content or information on our Website.
- You can access the Online Content in order to read, look at, download, store, use and copy it for Your own personal or professional use only!
- You must not:
- download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Online Content for anything other than your own personal use or to highlight the work of Young Scot; or
- sub-licence, rent, lease, transfer or attempt to sell the rights in the Online Content to anyone else; or
- allow anyone else to use the Online Content, other than another individual, in accordance with these T&Cs, or
- use or allow anyone to use the Online Content for commercial purposes or to make any money.
- If You believe that any Online Content is owned by you or violates Your copyright, You are encouraged to notify Us, setting out (where possible):
- who You are;
- how You own the relevant copyright work; and
- details of the alleged infringement.
- Young Scot will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
- The information on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not advice or information, which You can rely on for any reason.
- You are responsible for ensuring that Your computer system will let You use the Website and meets all relevant technical requirements to allow You to use Website.
- This clause sets out what our liability to You as a user of the Website: -
- Young Scot does not guarantee that any Online Content that you can download from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that may contaminate or destroy property. You are responsible for putting in place and maintaining your own procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus, firewall and other security checks).
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be continuously available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year but We will try to keep downtime to a minimum.
- We have no responsibility for the content of websites which You can link to from the Website. We do not endorse any of the websites You can link to from the Website and Young Scot will not be liable for any loss which may arise from Your use of them. Any concerns regarding any external link from our website should be directed to its website administrator or webmaster.
- Nothing in these T&Cs excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or the negligence of our employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it whether express or implied.
- Where You suffer any loss because you used the Website or information on the Website, to the extent permitted by law We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause, and whether this has been caused by Us or Our employees, agents or any other persons.
- If you wish to contact us, you can do so be various methods as follows:
- By post or hand delivery to: - Young Scot Enterprise, Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 5EZ UK
- By e-mails to: - email@example.com
- If we sell or transfer the operation of the Website, We may transfer any or all of its rights and obligations under these T&Cs to that party, and We are not required to inform You that We have done so or intended to do so.
- Nothing in these T&Cs creates or will be treated as having created a partnership between You and Us.
- We may alter these T&Cs from time to time and post a new version on the Website. Any amended version of the T&Cs will take effect immediately on being posted on the Website.
- If any section of these T&Cs (or any part of any such provision or term) is or becomes unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such section (or the relevant part of it) will be cut out from these T&Cs, but the remaining T&Cs will remain unaffected.
- These T&Cs are governed by Scots law and any dispute under or in connection with them must be brought in the Scottish courts. However, if you have any grievances, please feel free to contact us in accordance with clause 7 above.
- If you wish to contact us, you can do so be various methods as follows:
- Online Privacy Practices
- One of the requirements under the Act is that we notify the Information Commissioner that we hold and process personal data. We confirm that we have done that and that we have practices in place which ensure that we comply with the requirements of the Act.
- Any information of a personal nature that You provide to Us will be kept confidential by Us and will only be used for the purposes that have been specified above. However, we may transfer personal information to third parties for storage purposes or for the purposes specified in these T&Cs. We will try to make sure that any third parties we transfer your personal information will also keep it confidential. However, you must note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and whilst we will do what we can to keep it secure and confidential we cannot absolutely guarantee that it will be completely secure. You should always consider the risks before proving personal information through our Website prior to doing so because you are transferring it at your own risk.
For further information from Young Scot on their data protection and privacy policies, You should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Scot Enterprise is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland (No: 202687) and has its registered office at Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh.
Find out more about 5Rigths
The 5Rigths Youth Leadership Commission is a group of you people acting on the recommendation from the previous 5Rigths Report. If you'd like to support the project get in touch.