Work With Us
Thanks for showing an interest in working for us. Have a nosy on this page and find out more about the great things and benefits working at Young Scot can offer you.
We aim inspire and empower our staff, while giving them the right support and tools they need to achieve the best outcomes for young people. All of this work is underpinned by the Young Scot People Strategy. We are not ones to boast but we are proud to have been awarded the following:
- Investors In People Gold
- Investors in Young People Gold
- Healthy Working Lives Gold
We value our values. They define who we are and how we treat our colleagues and partners. We are…
- Responsive: We have strong “customer” focus; we get the job done, committed to providing reliable quality at all times and placing young people at the heart of everything we do.
- Passionate: We are positive and ambitious – for young people and for our organisation. We have a “can do” and “will do” attitude, and demonstrate leadership in our thoughts and actions.
- Inspirational: We are enthusiastic in our actions, welcoming of people and new opportunities. We communicate effectively with each other and with stakeholders, sharing our passion and integrity.
- Innovative: We embrace and welcome change; enjoy meeting new challenges and opportunities head on and work hard to meet the continually evolving needs of young people.
- Supportive: We value everyone and we work as one flexible team. We nurture talent and celebrate success. We deliver everything that we do with integrity and we are proud of our organisation and the work we do.
Our behavioural competencies are observations and measurable behaviours, knowledge and abilities that contribute to individual success in Young Scot. Behavioural competencies are used in the recruitment process to ensure we are recruiting staff with the required level of behaviours to undertake their role and by member of staff to plan development. You can download and read our behavioural competencies here
We believe in a generous formal staff benefits package which rewards and values staff, and provides additional benefits that would not be available with other employers. Just some of the benefits of working for us include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Relevant skills training
To see our full staff benefits package click here.
As an organisation we are committed to environmental sustainability. At Young Scot we try to ensure our reliance on and use of the natural environment and its resources is not greater than its ability to naturally replenish. In practice, this means ensuring our business practices have minimal impact on the natural environment. You can read our full environmental and sustainability strategy here
Young Scot Co-Design Assistant
Edinburgh based £8.75 per hour – 16 hours per week
We presently have the following vacancy available to join our team, which is part of the Disability Equality Internships provided by SCVO. We’re on the hunt for ambitious, creative, smart thinking and hard working people who can apply their extensive knowledge, passion and superior skills to our organisation and projects.
You will assist with support of project delivery, specifically: To create resources to support the delivery of co-design sessions. To assist in the organisation of events, training, workshops and any residentials, including recruitment of participants and ensuring child protection procedures are adhered to.
You will assist with the preparation of the Equalities Impact Assessments for co-design projects
You will support, input data/information gathered from events to evaluate impact of project activity.
You will manage the contact management system for key stakeholders and any other duties as requested by the Co-design Managers
• Experience of carrying out administration tasks (E)
• Experience of creating resources to support project delivery (E)
• Experience of working effectively in a team (E)
• Face to face working with young people (D)
• Engaging with practitioners’ in other organisations (D)
• Financial awareness and budget management (D)
• Experience of supporting and promoting events (D)
• Excellent organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects (E)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (E)
• Excellent information technology skills (E)
• Experience of promoting a product, service or project (D)
• Excellent engagement skills, including Interpersonal and leadership skills (D)
• Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines (D)
How To Apply and closing date:
Please contact your local Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form. The closing date for application forms is Friday 9th March 2018.
Also see SCVO for more details