Work With Us
Thanks for showing an interest in working for us. Have a nosy on this page and find out more about the great things and benefits working at Young Scot can offer you.
We aim inspire and empower our staff, while giving them the right support and tools they need to achieve the best outcomes for young people. All of this work is underpinned by the Young Scot People Strategy. We are not ones to boast but we are proud to have been awarded the following:
- Investors In People Gold
- Investors in Young People Gold
- Healthy Working Lives Gold
We value our values. They define who we are and how we treat our colleagues and partners. We are…
- Responsive: We have strong “customer” focus; we get the job done, committed to providing reliable quality at all times and placing young people at the heart of everything we do.
- Passionate: We are positive and ambitious – for young people and for our organisation. We have a “can do” and “will do” attitude, and demonstrate leadership in our thoughts and actions.
- Inspirational: We are enthusiastic in our actions, welcoming of people and new opportunities. We communicate effectively with each other and with stakeholders, sharing our passion and integrity.
- Innovative: We embrace and welcome change; enjoy meeting new challenges and opportunities head on and work hard to meet the continually evolving needs of young people.
- Supportive: We value everyone and we work as one flexible team. We nurture talent and celebrate success. We deliver everything that we do with integrity and we are proud of our organisation and the work we do.
Our behavioural competencies are observations and measurable behaviours, knowledge and abilities that contribute to individual success in Young Scot. Behavioural competencies are used in the recruitment process to ensure we are recruiting staff with the required level of behaviours to undertake their role and by member of staff to plan development. You can download and read our behavioural competencies here
We believe in a generous formal staff benefits package which rewards and values staff, and provides additional benefits that would not be available with other employers. Just some of the benefits of working for us include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Relevant skills training
To see our full staff benefits package click here.
As an organisation we are committed to environmental sustainability. At Young Scot we try to ensure our reliance on and use of the natural environment and its resources is not greater than its ability to naturally replenish. In practice, this means ensuring our business practices have minimal impact on the natural environment. You can read our full environmental and sustainability strategy here
Communications Assistant – JF1 £16,968 – £18,584
The Communications Assistant will support the implementation of all Young Scot’s communications activities, with a particular emphasis on PR, marketing and the Young Scot Awards.
Closing date for all applications is strictly Wednesday 28th June 2017 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place on Monday 10th July 2017